Monday, September 04, 2006

Pipebombs and Pipedreams and Manchurian Blowback

It seems to me that the thwarted terror threats - Canada's, Britain's, and America's - all have common threads. Law enforcement in all three countries can catch imbeciles with ill-conceived visions of grandeur, who are more likely to blow themselves up than a plane. And law enforcement in all three countries can pat themselves on the back for their accomplishments. I don't have great respect for the intelligence of the religious radical, of whatever stripe, but surely the Moslem variety can conjure up a threat more terrifying and more real. For now I don't think they really need to though; you don't need terribly clever jujitsu. Just let Bush be Bush, or the neocons be neocons. Whoever the policy hacks that are masterminding this 'war on terror' are, the results speak for themselves. Its amazing what greed and an ignorant ideology can produce. Its all got a 'Manchurian Candidate' feel to it, but I think the plot is really much simpler and more aggravating.

FBI Role in Terror Probe Questioned
Lawyers Point to Fine Line Between Sting and Entrapment
http://www.washingtonpost.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dale. I still can't get into your spaces. I am getting an exception fault in mshtml.dll. I am not sure what is going on, but msn explorer doesn't seem to want to let me in. I keep getting the msn explorer has encountered a problem and must shut down error window. But, I thought that letting you know what the error is, mshtml.dll, would give you an idea what is going on. In the meantime, I will add this page to my blog list and comment here.

Anonymous said...

Well Dale, it would appear that you are cursed.

Still can't get into your space. What did you do to piss off MSN?

I suppose I'll have to come here now, but new formats frighten me.

Good luck with it all,

; )

-Turtle

Dalee Lama said...

I'm dumbfounded. I removed my sandbox stuff, all the music stuff, and the five most recent posts. What really gets me is why I can't replicate the crash. It would make it a lot easier to troubleshoot the problem if I could.

I've sort of grown accustomed to Spaces and the network. Spaces is Microsoft, and Blogger is Google, but still...I liked the ease of use.